Russia Visa Application Centre is a service provided by VF Services (UK) Ltd T/A VFS Global, Company Registration Number: 05735180, Registered Office: Corporate Office, 3rd Floor, 66 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BT, United Kingdom, Registered in England & Wales.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VFS recommends that you do not purchase tickets or make bookings which cannot be cancelled without cost prior to the issuance of a visa, except where it is a specific requirement stated as part of the visa application.
These terms contain a disclaimer which limits our liability to our refund policy stated below.
Fees are not refundable and are payable whether or not a visa is ultimately granted except where covered by our refund policy below.
You are responsible for the accuracy of your application form, and in checking your application form we do not guarantee that we will find any errors, and we do not verify information you have provided.
VFS recommends that you keep copies of all documents submitted with your visa application and copies of your receipts.
- Service Provider
The Russia Visa Application Centre is a service provided by VF Services (UK) Ltd T/A VFS Global, Company Registration Number: 05735180, Registered Office: Corporate Office, 3rd Floor, 66 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BT, United Kingdom, Registered in England & Waleswhose corporate head office is at 66 Wilson Street, EC2A 2BT London, United Kingdom
We are authorized by the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the United Kingdom to operate the Russian Visa Application Centre in the United Kingdom, both through our web-site, through our office at 15-27 Gee Street, London EC1V 3RD, United Kingdom, and through other designated offices. We have sub-contracted elements of our service to our authorized sub-contract partner, RNT Limited.
- Application of These Terms
These terms and conditions govern your use of the services of the Russia Visa Application Centre, all visa applications you make, and all enquiries you make for advice or information concerning Russian Visas.
Each applicant for a visa hereby accepts and confirms that, prior to submitting a visa application; they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of these terms and conditions.
No employee of VFS and/or its partners has any authority whatsoever to change, amend, amplify or withdraw any or all of these terms and conditions without prior written approval from VFS.
- No Cancellation Rights
Once you have submitted your application you will be taken to have agreed that we may immediately commence processing you application and providing any services. As a result you will not have any right to cancel under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. This is because, under Regulation 13(1) (a), you lose your right to cancel if you agree that we can start providing the services within the cancellation period.
- The Visa Application Service
The Russia Visa Application Centre of VFS is the outsourced partner of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the United Kingdom. In this capacity, the Russia Visa Application Centre is inter alia responsible for receipt of visa applications for travel to Russia and visa fees, submission of applications at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in London and Consulate General of Russia in Edinburgh, collecting the processed passports from the Embassy of the Russian Federation and Consulate General of Russia, and returning passports back to applicants.
- Acceptance and Rejection of Applications
The assessment of visa applications is carried out by the Embassy of the Russian Federation or its Consulates, and the grant or refusal of Russia visas is at their sole discretion. The Embassy of the Russian Federation and a Consulate General of Russia reserve the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant, and to refuse any visa application. The applicant must supply such further documents and information if they wish their application to continue to be considered.
Fees stated are only valid on the day that they are quoted or provided by the Russia Visa Application Centre. If you decide to make your application on a later date, the fees may change.
All costs of returning passports and visas to you are included in the final total fee based on information provided by you and the delivery methods selected by you.
All fees must be received in full under the available payment options as cleared funds for the application to be processed. Except where covered in our Refund policy below, fees are not refundable, and in particular fees are payable whether or not a visa is ultimately granted.
- General Obligation
VFS will process all visa applications with reasonable care and skill and in accordance with all procedures prescribed by the Embassy of the Russian Federation.
However, whilst we use reasonable care to check your application form for obvious errors on the face of the form, we do not guarantee to detect errors with your form, and we do not undertake to verify any information you provide, which you are responsible for ensuring is accurate.
- Applicant's Responsibility
It is the responsibility of all applicants to read carefully and understand the requirements set out in the Russia visa application forms, complete all applications forms truthfully, to provide correct and accurate information and documentation, to ensure that they have a valid passport (meaning it is not damaged/expired and all pages/previous visas are present in it) and on receipt of visa to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of trip.
It is applicants’ responsibility to provide valid contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, etc…) to enable us to contact them in case any issue arises with the application or additional documentation is required. VFS cannot accept any responsibility regarding the application is we were unable to contact the applicants due to lack of contact details provided. It is sole responsibility of the visa Applicant if the visa Applicant’s mobile phone is switched off, disconnected for any reasons and has no voice mail set up.
It is applicants’ responsibility to track visa application process on our website and raise any concerns to the Russia Visa Application Centre representative.
- Processing Times
The processing times for visas are estimates only. These are based on information and experience of the Embassy of the Russian Federation and its Consulates.
The processing of your application is subject to the procedures and timescales of the Embassy of the Russian Federation and Consulates, over which VFS have no control.
Paying for the urgent service will not guarantee that your documents will be expedited or processed by the Russian Consulate quicker.
- Changes to Procedures and Fees
The procedures and fees of the Embassy of the Russian Federation and Consulates for the processing of visas and related services are outside the control of VFS and subject to change without prior notice. VFS does not accept responsibility for any changes in procedures or fees and reserves the right to pass on any increased fees.
- Refund Policy
Refund of Visa Application Fee
If VFS is in breach of contract or negligent in relation to any visa application submitted, resulting in the visa not being granted or loss of applicants passport with valid visas, in each case, wherein the applicant has to apply for a new passport or cannot travel to Russia at the times stated by the applicant in his/her visa application, then VFS will refund to the applicant the amount of the visa application fee only.
- Loss or damage to passports and other travel documents
VFS takes every reasonable precaution while handling an applicant's passport and documents, and if due to any breach of contract or negligence on the part of VFS, the applicant's submitted passport or documents are lost or damaged beyond a useable condition, then VFS will pay to the applicant the amount of the fees charged by the government of the applicant's home country, for the replacement of the lost or damaged passport or other documents through their normal replacement procedure, and VFS will assist the applicant with the same within its capacity. Such payments will be made by VFS to the applicant on the presentation of the payment receipt issued by the government of their respective home country for the replacement of such lost or damaged passport or documents.
- DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Except for the refund or reimbursements of fees as stated in the "Refund Policy" section above, VFS excludes its liability in connection with any visa applications, including (without limitation) liability in or under contract, negligence, tort, statute or otherwise howsoever, and including (without limitation) liability for any default, negligence, delay or failure of VFS in advising on, providing information on, handling or processing visa applications, loss of or delay to passports and other documents, delays involving the Embassy of the Russian Federation or a General of Russia, and rejections of visa applications for any reason.
And for the avoidance of doubt:
- No Liability for Incorrect Information
VFS shall have no liability for loss, delays or non-issuance of any application arising from or in connection with (to include but not restricted to) incomplete application forms, incorrectly or falsely completed application forms, and inaccurate or incomplete supporting documentation.
- No Liability for Events Not In Our Control
VFS shall not be considered to be in breach of contract or negligent or otherwise liable in any way for any delay or failure of any application or loss, damage or delay to any passport or other documents due to accident, theft, natural calamities (act of god) or any other reason outside the control of, and not arising out of a wilful default of, VFS, or for the loss or damage to any passport or other document after it has been handed over to the applicant.
- No Liability for Postal and Courier Service
VFS shall have no liability for any delays, or for loss of or damage to any visa application, passport or other documents, caused by, or occurring whilst any application, passport or document is in the possession of, any third party postal or courier service, including transportation of visa applications, passports or other documents between VFS and the Embassy of the Russian Federation or a Consulate General of Russia, and when being returned by VFS to the applicant.
- No Liability for Assessment of Visa Applications
VFS is not involved in the process of assessment of visa applications, or their grant or refusal, and shall not be liable or responsible for any delay by the Embassy of the Russian Federation or a Consulate General of Russia in assessing, granting or refusing any visa application, or for the grant or rejection of any visa application, or for the Embassy of the Russian Federation or a Consulate General of Russia requesting further information from the visa applicant.
- No Liability for Wasted Costs and Expenses
VFS shall have no liability (including for breach of contract or negligence) to any visa applicant, or any other person relying on or benefiting from any visa application, for any commitment, cost or expenditure incurred in reliance on or anticipation of receiving a visa, whether within a particular timescale or at all, including but not limited to air travel, hotel, and other travel and accommodation arrangements, and any other arrangements made.
- General Exclusion of Loss and Damage
VFS shall have no liability to any visa applicant, or any other person relying on or benefiting from any visa application, for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever due to delay, misplacement, loss or damage of applications, passports and other documents, or due to negligence or breach of contract in connection with any visa application or any advice or information given in relation to any visa application
VFS shall have no liability to any visa applicant or any other person relying on or benefiting from any visa application for any loss of profit, revenue, contract, opportunity or business, wasted expenditure, additional expenditure, or any other business or occupation related loss or damage, suffered or incurred as a result of delay, misplacement, loss or damage of applications, passports or other documents, or due to negligence or breach of contract in connection with any visa application or any advice or information given in relation to any visa application. .
- Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall benefit or be enforceable by any person other than the visa applicant, and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply.
- Changes to these terms
VFS, in its sole discretion, may change, amend, cancel or withdraw any or all of these terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice.
- Applicable Law
These terms and conditions and any visa applications shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any claims or disputes arising in relation to the services provided by VFS to the applicant shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
Please address any complaints to the complaints department at 15-27 Gee Street, London EC1V 3RD
Alternatively, you can e-mail us your complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org, or register your complaint with our customer relations cell by calling on 020 7253 9868 (please note this number is purely for complaints/suggestions and not visa related queries), Monday to Friday between 09:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 17:00, except for public holidays.
- Premium Rate Help Line Service
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on the premium services is accurate and up-to-date. In relation to the Russia Visa Information Service, VFS Services (UK) Limited assumes no responsibility for and gives no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the information provided and limits its liability to refund of the call charges. VFS Services (UK) Limited excludes all other liability it may have in relation to any advice or information given through the Russia Visa Information Services, including for breach of contract or negligence.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Who processes your information?
The entity responsible for processing data collected for your visa application is VF Services (UK) Limited.
What information do we process?
This notice relates to all information which we collect from you in relation to your application for a Russia visa, including information you provide through printed and web site application forms and passports and other documents you provide. This information includes your name, address, and contact details, place of birth, passport details, employment details and travel details.
What purposes do we process your information for?
We use your information for the purposes of providing to you services relating to your visa application, and we also pass your information to the Embassy of Russian Federation in London and Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Edinburgh who use it to process your visa application. Your information will also be retained separately by the Russian Government in accordance with their data protection policies.
Where you make any payments to us by card, including credit or debit card, or any online or electronic means, then we may disclose your information to our payment processor, but only to the extent required for the purposes of payment processing. They will use it for the purposes of processing your payment.
Where do we process your information?
Your information is held by us in the United Kingdom. It will also be accessed and held by our call centre, currently based in India. Any transfers of your personal data to India are made in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
Your right of access
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to have access to and to modify the information which relates to you. If you wish to exercise this right and to obtain communication of the information which concerns you; please contact VF Services(UK) Limited at 66 Wilson Street, EC2A 2BT London, United Kingdom or email us at email@example.com
Helpline Services Disclaimer
Disclaimer in Premium Rate Services Advert
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on the premium services is accurate and up-to-date. In relation to the Russian Visa Information Service, VF Services (UK) Limited assume no responsibility for and give no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the information provided and limits its liability to refund of the call charges. VF Services (UK) Limited excludes all other liability it may have in relation to any advice or information given through the India Visa Information Services, including for breach of contract or negligence.
E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback, Complaints and Claims
If you have any feedback, query, complaint or refund claim concerning this Russian Visa information service please call the following number only for Complaints or Claims
Call on 02072539868 (please note this number is purely for complaints/suggestions and not visa related queries)
Call - between 0900 hrs and 1300 hrs; and between 1400 and 1700 hrs Monday to Friday, except declared Holidays.
SMS SERVICE DISCLAIMER
- The Short Messaging Service ('SMS') provided to Visa Applicants is to update on current status to the applicant with regards to Visa Application Process. The information provided by SMS is based on the information provided by the Embassy of Russian Federation in UK in London and Edinburgh. While VFS ensures that information is made available to the visa applicant promptly and accurately, the Visa Applicant shall at all times be responsible for providing and maintaining an SMS text compatible mobile phone number where VFS can send text messages regarding the status of the Visa Application to the Visa Applicant. The Visa Applicant is responsible for ensuring connection to a mobile network capable of receiving the SMS Services. The Visa Applicant understands that if the Visa Applicant’s mobile phone is switched off, disconnected for any reasons or is out of coverage for a period of 24 hours or more, the Visa Applicant's mobile network provider may delete any SMS messages to be received by the Visa Applicant.
- The time to deliver the SMS is dependent on several factors such as upon the traffic on the mobile network and whether the Visa Applicant mobile phone is within reach and switched on and cannot therefore be guaranteed by VFS. VFS is not a mobile network operator and does not guarantee the delivery of SMS text messages.
- The Visa Applicant confirms that the Visa Applicant has provided the accurate mobile number for receiving SMS and that the Visa Applicant is the owner or its legitimate user, or that the Visa Applicant has the consent of the owner or legitimate user, of the mobile phone using for the Services. The Visa Applicant acknowledges that using another person's mobile phone/providing inaccurate mobile phone number/unauthorized use of mobile phone number for receiving the SMS may entail disclosure of Visa Applicant 's confidential information which disclosure shall be at the sole risk of the Visa Applicant
- The Services, once purchased, will be available to the Visa Applicant from the time of application till complete processing of the application or such other period as VFS may advise via our website located at ru.vfsglobal.co.uk. VFS reserves the right to withdraw this service at any time and without notice.
- The Visa Applicant must not use (or permit any third party to use) the SMS Service to send any message or communication which is spam, illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or infringes the rights of third parties. VFS reserves the right to withdraw the SMS service to such Visa Applicant if the Visa Applicant is in breach of this paragraph 4. VFS may also withdraw the Services if VFS in its sole discretion apprehends that the SMS service is being used for such purposes.
- For operational reasons VFS may vary the technical specification of the Services with or without notice. In the event of any change to the Service these Terms and Conditions is to be treated as varied accordingly.
- The Visa Applicant acknowledges that the SMS Services may, at any time, be adversely affected by problems with the Visa Applicant mobile phone network, force majeure events including, without limitation, interference to the network coverage. VFS is not responsible or liable to the Visa Applicant for any loss, damage or expenses incurred directly or indirectly to the Visa Applicant as a result of any difficulties experienced by the Visa Applicant's mobile phone service provider. Subject to the constraints described within this paragraph 7, VFS shall carry out the services with reasonable care and skill.
- If The Visa Applicant does not receive SMS relating to these Services the Visa Applicant should inform VFS through email or Helpline numbers.
- The SMS service delivers the Visa Application Status based on the information received by VFS from Embassy of the Russian Federation.
- To use the Services, The Visa Applicant should refer to the instructions available on the ru.vfsglobal.co.uk website. The Visa Applicant agrees to comply with all instructions we may give concerning the Services, including any security instructions. We will be entitled to treat any failure by Visa Applicant themselves to comply with these instructions as a breach of these Terms and Conditions, which will entitle us to deny Visa Applicant access to the Services.
- The Visa Applicant is responsible for paying charges for the message origination. Charges once paid for SMS service will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Visa Applicant shall at its sole risk be responsible for taking all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized persons gaining access to the Services.
- While VFS takes every precaution on transmission of information VFS shall not be responsible or liable for any unforeseen events and circumstances beyond the reasonable control of VFS.
- VFS may in its sole discretion temporarily suspend the provision of the Services if such provision could materially affect the quality of any telecommunications service, including the Services, provided by VFS.
- VFS specifically excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using SMS text services.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of UK and both parties are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in London or Edinburgh in UK.
Data Protection Notice
- Collection of data The privacy and protection of personal data is very important to VFS, including all its other brands and affiliates. VFS complies with any mandatory data protection legislation when collecting and processing personal data. Whenever you are in the process of applying for SMS Service through a Visa Application Centre we may collect and store (subject to Embassy guidelines), as the case may be, the following information: Your Full Name, Your Mobile Number and Email id and the country for which you have applied for a visa for the purposes of processing your visa application.
- Disclosure to third parties In accordance with all mandatory data protection legislation your data may be disclosed to third parties processing data on behalf of VFS. In this context your data may also be transferred abroad. Your data may be disclosed within VFS to other than the collecting entity. Data may be used by these other VFS entities to the same extent as the collecting VFS entity is entitled to use it. Your data is treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, save for the purpose of VFS fulfilling its contractual obligations vis-à-vis you, or if required under mandatory law, particularly if requested by the competent authorities or for the purpose of enforcing the rights of VFS.
- Use of data Collected data will be processed in good faith and will be used in order to transmit your Visa Application status via SMS and Email. We do not intend to use your information for any other purpose. Your information is held by us in the computer server(s) located in UK, London and India, Mumbai. It will also be accessed and held by our affiliates currently based in India.
PORTABLE BIO KIT DISCLAMER
Russia Visa Application Centers are proud to offer our applicants a new Portable BIO Kit service.
Now our team of experienced officers can come to your home or office to check your visa application documents, collect your fingerprints and securely delivered this information to the Embassy for the decision. Please note that your home/office where you suggest we collect fingerprints and documents need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Separate and security-safe room
- Vodafone 4-3G coverage
- electric sockets provided
- table and chair
For more information about the cost and terms and condition of this service please contact us on email@example.com.
Please make sure that all the documents are ready to apply for your Russian visa before choosing this service à click here. This facility can be used within the UK territory only.
Please note that where the document submission cannot be done due to the applicant’s fault, the applicant would need to pay VFS, the travel cost and Portable biometric rent charge.
Please note that the terms and conditions as well as fees may vary.
Please contact us in prior regarding any additional questions that you might have, in case on any misunderstanding situation, Russia Visa Centre leaves the right to consider that applicant read and accepted, understood all our terms and conditions.
Beware of fraudulent job offers
Fraudulent Recruitment / Employment Offers
It has come to VFS Global’s attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as VFS Global’ agents or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities, with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a work visa in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. VFS Global is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams.
Please be advised that, VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions to fulfil their administrative requirements of visa application processing. Neither VFS Global nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in VFS Global or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from VFS Global, which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud
The following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of VFS Global’s processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official VFS Global e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment visa forms, (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Work Permits, Visa applications or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While VFS Global takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with VFS Global at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at email@example.com
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.