Visitors from most countries will need a visa. It cannot be obtained at the border; therefore you should apply for a Russian Visa prior to travelling.
Conditional to the type of the visa you are applying for it can be issued for single, double or multiple entries:
- A single entry visa allows the traveller to enter Russian Federation once during the validity of the visa. When the traveller has left the country the visa is no longer valid and you would be required to re-apply for another visa.
- Double entry visa means that you can leave the Russian Federation and enter it once again during the validity of the visa issued.
- A multiple entry visa allows you to enter/leave the Russian Federation several times during the validity of the visa.
Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge applicable per visa application
Normal applications (7 calendar days): £38.40 (inclusive of VAT)
Urgent applications (next working day service): £45.60 (inclusive of VAT)
Required documents for all visa categories:
Please note that the following essentials must be met by all applicants submitting their applications for visa.
- Valid international passport recognized by the Russian Federation with at least two blank pages for visas. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months after visa expiration date. If you do not have a blank page to which a visa can be affixed, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application.
- Fully completed application form, photograph and supporting documents appropriate to the type of visa.
For complete list of the requirements please select the type of visa you are applying from the list on the left hand side of this page.
Applicants are advised not to submit passports in passport covers, as these would be removed and will not be returned to applicants.
Children under 18 travelling alone or whose visa applications are unaccompanied with their parents’ are required to submit following additional documents:
- Signed and dated permission letter from one of the parents giving permission to the child to travel alone or explaining that the parent would be travelling with the child.
- A copy of the parent’s passport (bio page and a page with the Russia visa).
- If the child’s and parent’s surnames do not match, we would also require a copy of the birth certificate to confirm that the permission letter has been provided by the biological parent.
Nationals of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands need to provide an insurance policy for the whole period of stay in Russia while applying for a visa.
A visa can be issued only if an applicant submits all the required documents. Submission of an incomplete set of documents may result in refusal of visa. The issue of Russian visas is discretionary and depends on examination of each individual case, including purpose of visit and intention to return.
Submission of Visa application can be done by the Applicant only.
Collection of passports can be done by the following:
- Travel Agents.
Visa applications can only be submitted at the addresses below.
Russia Visa Application Centre in London
15-27 Gee Street
London EC1V 3RD
Russia Visa Application Centre in Edinburgh
64 Albion Road
Edinburgh EH7 5QZ
Russia Visa Application Centre
Peter House, Oxford Street,
Manchester M1 5AN
Processed applications can also be returned by DX Special Delivery at an additional cost of 9.80 per envelope. Please note that Russia Visa Application Centre does not use Royal Mail envelopes for return of the processed applications. For security reasons each passport will be sent to you in a separate envelope so please consider this when calculating the total amount for payment. Please note that you will need to sign for the envelope once delivered to you. If you would like us to post your processed application to the address different from your home address, please include a signed about the same together with your application.
Applicants have the option of paying their visa fees by cash or Credit/Debit card (except American Express) when applying at the Visa Application Centre.
The delivery time to some postcode areas would take up to 5 working days due to addresses being in rural and hard-to-reach places.. The complete process may take 12-15 working days. Postcode areas: HS, IV4 and above, KA27 – 28, KW, PA20 and above, PH20 and above, ZE and all ‘islands’.
Please note: Incomplete applications or applications with insufficient funds will not be processed and shall be returned.
Russia Visa Application Centre in London, Manchester and Edinburgh is using DX secure mail services for returning the documents to the applicants. Please note that Russia Visa Application Centre does not use Royal Mail envelopes for return of the processed applications.