Very important note to read for all of the applicants - All applicants must come in person to apply for the Russian Visa.
Work visa is required in case you wish to enter Russian Federation for employment. Work visa can be valid for up to 90 days and can be issued for single or double entry. Also work visa can be issued for multiple entries and can be valid for up to 3 years. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates of your legal invitation issued by the General Directorate for Migration for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
Please note that you require to submit your HIV test Certificate when applying for work visa.
Please note that your family accompanies (from 14 years of age) are required to submit HIV test Certificate when applying for visa.
Highly skilled specialists do not require to provide covering letter only when applying for 3 years multiple entries work visa.
Please note: VFS Global recommends that you do not purchase tickets or make bookings which cannot be cancelled without cost prior to the issuance of a visa, except where it is a specific requirement stated as part of the visa application.
Please click on the tabs above to obtain the required information about your visa application.
Please note: It is applicants’ responsibility to track visa application process on our website and raise any concerns to the Russia Visa Application Centre representative.
To the Attention of Foreign Nationals Visiting the Russian Federation
In accordance with the current Russian legislation, there is no provision for foreign nationals to enter the Russian Federation possessing a cancelled passport with a valid Russian visa together with a new passport without one. Russian border control authorities refuse these foreign nationals to enter the territory of the Russian Federation.
In such cases a foreign national should preliminarily transfer his/her Russian visa from cancelled passport to a new one, before he/she visits Russia, in one of the Russian Consular posts abroad.
Please select your nationality to view the applicable visa fees in £ Sterling -
|ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|BENIN AND TOGOLEZE REPUBLIC||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE REPUBLIC OF KOREA||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|REPUBLIC OF CONGO||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|REPUBLIC OF KOREA||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO||125||63||200||101||376||188|
|UNITED STATES OF AMAERICA||N/A||125||N/A||125||N/A||125|
|UNITED ARAB EMIRATES||125||63||200||101||376||188|
Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge applicable per visa application:
Normal applications (Up to 20 business day’s service):
£38.40 (inclusive of VAT)
Urgent applications (Up to 3 business day’s service):
£45.60 (inclusive of VAT)
Applicants have the option of paying their visa fees by cash or Credit/Debit card (except American Express) when applying at the Visa Application Centre. Cheques will not be accepted.
Postal Return of Passports:
You have the option of having your passport returned, once processed by the Embassy of Russian Federation, via DX Secure at a nominal charge of £ 13.80 (in addition to the visa fees and service charges) to be paid at the time of submitting your application. The passport will be sent directly to your home/office address as specified by you in a Special Delivery Envelope (SDE).
Please ensure to include the charges for the postal return along with the Visa fee and service charges in the Postal order/Bank Draft that you send.
Please select your nationality to view the applicable documents -
- If in your online application form you answered ‘NO’ for questions about previous employment and educational institutions, you need to enclose signed covering letter confirming the same with your application.
- For work visas we accept only original invitation.
- All visa supporting documents must be in English or Russian language only.
Please be aware that if your invitation contains any kind of mistakes you must provide letter from General Directorate for Migration for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia which issued your invitation confirming the same.
Visa applications based on Telex invitation can be checked only from 9:00 - 12:00 and from 14:00 - 15:00.
Visa applications based on electronic invitation issued by an appropriate General Directorate for Migration for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia will be accepted from 9:00 - 12:00 and from 14:00 - 15:00.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 413 of 16 August 2004, “On migration card”, the migration cards are distributed gratis by immigration officers at all ports of entry to the Russian Federation.
A filled-in migration card should be presented at check-point to immigration officer for official stamping.
A foreign national must carry migration card during the whole period of stay in the Russian Federation and submit it along with other documents for migration registration at the place of sojourn.
In case of loss or damage of the migration card a foreign national must notify an appropriate local office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation within three days. Provided that travel documents, used to enter Russia, are presented, a gratis duplicate card is issued.
When leaving the Russian Federation, a foreign national must submit the card to a migration officer at port of exit.
Absence of migration card during the stay in the Russian Federation or at the time of exiting the Russian Federation may bring to administrative liability.
Please, take care of your migration card to avoid unpleasant situations.
Example or migration card:
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide one recent colour photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. For minors under 12 years of age please provide photograph not more than 1 month old.
The photographs should be:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
VISA Processing times depending on RVAC location:
Please note: all the processing times are estimated only and remains under solely discretion of the Russian Embassy. Processing times may vary depending on certain cases of visa application. Please consider courier delivery turnaround times, if applicable. VFS shall have No Liability for Wasted Costs, Time and Expenses made by an applicant prior to receiving his visa.
Express service: up to 3 business days;
Standard service: up to 20 business days;
Express service: up to 3 business days; (From the day received by the Russian Embassy in London)
Standard service: up to 20 business days;
Express service: 1 business day;
Standard service: 5 business days;
For the convenience of our applicants, we advise you to monitor your visa submission process at our website http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/track_application.html providing your visa receipt reference number or using our SMS service.
Only the day your documents will returned back to the visa centre, will be considered as a valid date for further collection. VFS have No Liability, if the actual visa printing date and documents return date to the visa centre will differ.
Processing times vary from application to application and are at the sole discretion of the Russian Consulate. Please note that the visa processing time may take up to 20 business days, and is solely at the Embassies discretion. Please note that even paying for the urgent service will not guarantee that your documents will be expedited or processed by the Russian Consulate quicker.
- Normal applications submitted in London and Manchester will take up to 20 business days to get processed, in Edinburgh will take minimum 5 business days to get processed.
- Urgent applications submitted in London and Manchester will take up to 3 business days to get processed, in Edinburgh will take minimum 1 business day to get processed.
- For USA citizens applying for any type of visa, processing time will take 15 calendar days.
- Please note, that urgent applications submitted in Manchester will take up to 3 business days, starting from the day application received at the Russian Embassy in London.
- For citizens of India, Greece, Austria, Japan, Hungary the visa processing time for multiple entry tourist or private visa will take 10 calendar days.
- For the citizens of Australia, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Turkmenistan the visa processing time will take 10-20 business days (under normal circumstances) unless they have residence permit or long term work/student visa for the United Kingdom for a term exceeding 90 days or proof of address for the last 90 days, for Australian citizens for the last 180 days.
- For EU citizens applying for single or double entry visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum 5 business days.
- For EU citizens applying for multiple entries business or humanitarian visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is 10 business days. Applicants should also have a single or double Russian visa in the last 1 year, without which they cannot apply for multiple entries.
- For Applicants wishing to travel to some parts of North Caucasus visa processing time is up to 10 - 20 business days.
- For Applicants applying for a visa with telex to visit British Embassy in Russia, visa processing time is up to 20 business days.
Important: It is applicants’ responsibility to track visa application process on our website and raise any concerns to the Russia Visa Application Centre representative.
Please be informed, that Russia Visa Application Centre is responsible for return applicant passport ONLY on the day the passport been physically received from the Russian Consulate, and not on the day the visa been granted.
Russian Embassy remains the right to hold on the passports in their full possession until physically return document back to the Visa Centre. We advise all our applicants to monitor the status of their documents at our website via RULN number provided on the receipt, as Russia Visa Centre can’t be responsible for the time documents been hold between visa print and passport delivery by the Russian Embassy.
For you convenience we are glad to offer our hi-tech SMS notification service. For an additional charge of 1.60GBP (VAT included) we’ll be sending status notification at each step of your visa application process via SMS text messages and e-mail as well. Please make sure to provide a valid cell phone number and e-mail address along with your visa application. Please find more about our additional services here.
Please note VFS Global is not involved in the process of assessment of visa applications, or their grant or refusal. The assessment of visa applications is carried out by the Russian Consulate, and the grant or refusal of Russian visas is at their sole discretion.
Paying for the urgent service will not guarantee that your documents will be expedited or processed by the Russian Consulate quicker. The processing times for visas are estimates only. These are based on information and experience of the Russian Consulates in Edinburgh and London.
The processing of your application is subject to the procedures and timescales of the Russian Consulates, over which we have no control.
Please note that the validity of visa will correspond to the dates specified in the invitation.
Please note that you will need to sign for the envelope once delivered to you. For security reasons each passport will be sent in a separate envelope so please consider this when calculating the total amount for payment.
Please note that via Post can apply only individuals under 12 years of age.
Processing time for postal applications takes longer due to the period they are in transit to and from Russia Visa Application Centre. Kindly add this period to the minimum 7 calendar days required to process the visa application once complete documents have been received. The complete process may take 23 – 25 business days. Due to this we do not recommend that you apply for an urgent service by post. Application once sent in post cannot be withdrawn unless there is an emergency for which documentary evidence shall be required. VFS Global Services UK Ltd, shall not bear responsibility for any delays in postal transit or loss in transit owing to third party involved.
The delivery time to some postcode areas would take up to 5 business days due to addresses being in rural and hard-to-reach places... The complete process may take 27- 30 business days. Postcode areas: HS, IV4 and above, KA27 – 28, KW, PA20 and above, PH20 and above, ZE and all ‘islands’.
- Visa applications based on Telex invitation can be checked only from 9:00 - 12.00 and from 14.00 - 15.00
- Visa applications based on electronic invitation issued by an appropriate General Directorate for Migration for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia will be accepted from 9:00-12:00 and after from 14:00-15:00
- Please also be advised that additional documents can be submitted within 3 business days only from the day of request from Visa Application Centre.